Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lyrics, tornado, Welsh and Dave Lee


Creative day today; tidying up and editing/writing lyrics, and then second draft of To Kill The Dead story - ready to go for next week, cover is done.

Tornado warning in Nashville yesterday, heavy rain, severe storms.  I must admit to loving the rain, thunder and lightning, all three feature in To Kill The Dead.  I find it almost soothing, certainly romantic, perhaps not in some seedy motel room in Mexico as in To Kill though!

When we lived in LA my Spanish was getting quite good, forgotten much of it, as I have my Welsh.  Loved that in Gavin and Stacey a few years back Brydon's character said the same line I can remember, exactly - Do, i ddim yn hoffi yfed coffi - sure that's not right, should be Yes I do like drinking coffee - hofii coffi, love it, something Annie my parrot would say.  Always loved that they mentioned Bumpers in G & S, the nightclub in Castle Arcade.  Ruth Jones frequented it apparently.

Sad news about comedian Dave Lee, who died yesterday after a battle with cancer.  For those of you out of Kent Dave was the main factor in the annual panto in Canterbury for years, but was also Jim Davidson's warm up man, for Davidson's old shows on the BBC - Generation Game, Give Me a Break etc.  I only met Dave a few times, he was going to play the theatre with Davidson for a private function, but he was always a gent and worked tirelessly for charity with his shops in Kent, raising money for underprivileged kids and families.

No comments:

Post a Comment